Monday, August 9, 2010

Getting Ready for Arrival.

J arrives on Saturday. Actually, he comes on Friday, but has an orientation on Saturday. Since he will be having his orientation at the University of Delaware which is a three hour plus drive from here, I am trying to get as much done during the beginning of the week. We will be driving down there and picking him up on Saturday afternoon. We did joke with him that it was too far to drive, so he was going to have to take a taxi up here. He, fitting right in, has asked for the taxi schedule numerous times knowing darn well we are coming to get him. For those of you who have said about out far drive. I understand the dynamics of how they pick the sites. Yes, we would like the pick up point to be closer, but with many things living up here, we are just going to have to do the drive. Besides, our part of all this is really easier than J's. Think about it. He is flying into New York. Then, he is being bussed to Delaware, and then, has to ride all the way up here. Our part is easy. I am sure though with all the years that AFS has been doing this that his part will actually be easier than it sounds. Things on paper sometimes look worse than they are. I have been working on getting things in order. I read another blog today that talked about nesting. That author was correct. It really is a good way to describe it. You want to get the house in order as much as possible. I did tell J that there was only so much that I can do. I do have a toddler in the house, and I am under no illusion that the T Tornado will go through most likely last minute. What are you going to do? I am also getting him some things to welcome him here. I will not list them just in case he decides to read this. This week will be very exciting. It will be one of those weeks that seem to drag on, and then all of sudden pick up speed. Saturday still can't get here quick enough in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment