Thursday, August 12, 2010

He's Getting Ready to Leave

Just spoke to J and his Mom on Skype. It was a very nice and fun conversation. His mother reminded me very much of my mother. I know that the next few hours ahead are going to rough for her. She is sending her youngest son across the Atlantic to people who are virtually strangers. Even though we have e-mailed each other and gotten to know one another it will still be a hard goodbye for her. I also thinking that it will be hard for his brother B. They are always doing things together and are extremely close, so I think it will be a big adjustment for him as well. J has another brother F who he is also very close. Even though the older boys are in college they still live at home. That just makes me realize that this will be the first child to leave the nest for any length of time. Yes, this is going to be hard day for him mom. He is all packed. I think that is more thanks to his mother than to his ambition. He was very nonchalant about it yesterday when he wasn't packed, so I think his mother stepping in to help got him all set. He did say that he is 6kg over, and is just going to pay the extra weight fee because he can't take anything more out of the suitcase. He needs what he has left in there. He seemed very excited to be leaving. I was glad that we got the chance to talk to his mother before he left in more personal level. I think this was much better than an e-mail. We could answer a few of her question and put her mind at ease a little bit. I got most everything done that was left on the to-do list. I just have to dust and mop the kitchen floor. Decided to save the floor for tomorrow since it rained all day, and I knew the dogs would be leaving prints on it. I am also going grocery shopping tomorrow. That way I don't have to worry about food for the first few days he is here. It is hard to believe that we will be picking him up in less than 48 hours. It should be an interesting time.

No comments:

Post a Comment